Optixcare Eye Lubricant is the #1 choice of veterinary ophthalmologists!
Optixcare Eye Lube is an ideal product for use within a clinic as routine protection provided to eyes during anesthetic. As well, this product is an economical and effective tool for use as part of the multi-pronged approach to dealing with "dry eye".
The key ingredients in Optixcare Eye Lube are hyaluron and carbomer gel. Hyaluron works well at attracting and retaining water and carbomer is widely used for its hydrophilic and sustained release properties. Combining hyaluron and carbomer results in a hydrogel synergy - a sustained release hydrophilic carbomer delivery matrix infused with nourishing and hydrating hyaluron. Carbomer gel also brings a viscosity to the gel which causes it to remain on the cornea for an extended period of time. This viscosity allows for control of the drop applied which makes it easy to apply. Optixcare Eye Gel becomes more liquid immediately on contact with the salt in the tears of the eye.
Unlike mineral oil or petroleum based eye ointments, Optixcare Eye Lube is formulated with a sterile water base. Because of the water base and the gel viscosity only one drop per eye of Optixcare Eye Lube is needed. The frequency of application will depend on the veterinarian's direction and the pet owner's capability but the Eye Lube is very safe and non-irritating
• Rapidly disperses to protect the cornea and conjunctiva
• Provides long-lasting lubrication for improved patient comfort and client compliance
• Clings to the surface of the eye thus easing the discomfort of dry eye
• Helps to minimize ocular dehydration during anesthesia
• Economically packaged in two sizes –15 & 25 gram
• Convenient, ready to dispense “stand up” tube
• Four language insert for client compliance: English, French, Spanish & Portuguese